Thai Green Curry
Mae Jum Thai green curry paste is packed with fragrant and fiery flavours of red chilli, lemongrass and kaffir lime rind. In this recipe, you just need to add a few fresh vegetables alongside the ready-made paste for a filling vegetarian dinner.
Recipe adapted from Mae Jum
For the curry:
Mae Jum green curry paste, 1 packet
Coconut milk, 800ml
Brown sugar, 1 tbsp
Vegetables (peppers, squash, baby corn, broccoli, mangetout), 1kg, chopped
Firm tofu, 1 block, sliced
1. Heat 2tbsp of vegetable oil in a large saucepan and add the Mae Jum green curry paste. Fry for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
2. Add 200ml coconut milk and brown sugar, then stir until combined.
3. Add the chopped squash and pepper along with 200ml water and 600ml coconut milk, bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes until the veg has softened.
4. Add the baby corn, broccoli and mangetout, cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, add a little vegetable oil to a frying pan, and grill the tofu slices for a few minutes on either side.
6. Season the curry well, then top with the grilled tofu and a squeeze of lime.