Sesame Prawn Toasts
Love prawn toasts? Try making your own by combining a prawn and spring onion mix with crispy fried bread. Serve with Orriss & Son’s jalapeño nettle sauce on the side for a punchy dip.
200 g fresh prawns, peeled, cleaned and chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
10 g piece of ginger, minced
1 egg white
1 tbsp light soy sauce
5 slices of white toast bread, crust removed
5 tbsp white sesame seeds
Sunflower oil for frying
5 g fresh coriander, to serve
Orriss & Son Fresh Tendrils Jalapeño Nettle Sauce, to serve
1. Place the prawns, spring onions, garlic cloves, ginger, egg white and the soy sauce in a food processor bowl and blend into a paste. Season with salt and black pepper.
2. Slice each slice of bread in half and then into triangles. You should end up with 20 small triangles of bread.
3. Place the sesame seeds in a medium size pan and heat until golden brown and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and transfer to a shallow bowl or a plate.
4. Spread the prawn mixture over the bread and dip each of the triangles into the sesame seeds, paste side down.
5. Heat 300 ml of sunflower oil in a wok or a deep pan until hot but not smoking.
6. Add the toasts into the oil, working in batches, around 2 or 3 at once.
7. Fry the toasts, prawn-side down for around 1/2 minutes until prawns turn pink. 8. Turn the toasts and cook for another 1 minute until the bread is golden brown.
9. Remove from the oil and place on a kitchen towel to remove the excess oil.
10. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with Orriss & Son Fresh Tendrils Jalapeño Nettle Sauce on the side.