Quick Mascarpone Mousse with Blackberry Compote
This speedy dessert is perfect for alfresco summer parties - you can make everything ahead of time and assemble at the last minute. Urban Cordial’s blackberry and lavender cordial gives the berry compote an extra fruity burst of flavour.
For the blackberry compote:
225 g blackberries
20 ml Urban Cordial Blackberry & Lavender Cordial
30 g brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the mascarpone mousse:
250 g mascarpone cheese
120 g double cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
Zest of 1 small lemon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place the blackberries, Urban Cordial Blackberry & Lavender Cordial and the cinnamon into a medium size pot and bring to boil over a medium heat.
2. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Stir from time to time.
3. Add the sugar and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and leave it to cool completely.
5. In a medium size bowl, beat the double cream until it forms soft peaks.
6. Transfer to a bigger bowl and leave it on the side for a moment.
7. Place the mascarpone cheese together with 2 tbsp of icing sugar, half of the lemon zest and vanilla extract into a medium size bowl and beat it until smooth and creamy.
8. Add the mascarpone mixture to the double cream and mix until combined.
9. Divide the mousse between 4 serving glasses or bowls, top with blackberry compote and remaining lemon zest.
10. Serve with the shortbreads on the side