Pasta Alla Vodka
A splash of vodka and tomato paste gives this sauce a velvety smooth and creamy texture. We love it tossed through nutty einkorn pasta for a more earthy flavour.
Recipe adapted from Grazia Magazine
Gay Farmer olive oil
Garlic, 1 clove, crushed
Onion, ¼, chopped
Tomato paste, 50g
Double cream, 112g
Crushed chilli flakes, 1tsp
Pastificio Carleschi einkorn gigli rigati, 225g
Parmesan, 50g, freshly grated
Basil, a handful, to serve
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 15 minutes until softened and browned.
2. Add the tomato paste, chilli flakes and vodka. Cook for another 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
3. In a separate pan, cook the pasta following packet instructions, reserving a cupful of pasta water.
4. Add the butter to the pasta and add the pasta to the tomato sauce along with the reserved pasta water. Season to taste.
5. Serve with Parmesan and basil.