Noodle Salad with Sesame Dressing
Fresh and zingy, this rice noodle salad is bursting with crunchy vegetables, herbs and a nutty sesame oil dressing. If you have extra dressing leftover, use it as a dipping sauce for summer rolls.
For the sesame dressing:
30 ml sesame oil
1 tbsp fish sauce (exclude if vegetarian)
1 tbsp any type of sugar
1 tbsp Ostlers Apple Cider Vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sriracha
For the salad:
150 g white rice noodles
20 g sesame seeds
20 g spring onions, finely sliced
200 g red cabbage, thinly sliced
1/2 cucumber, julienned
200 g carrots, julienned
30 g coriander, chopped
10 g mint leaves, chopped
10 g basil leaves, chopped
30 g roasted peanuts, slightly crushed
1. In a small bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients until the sugar dissolves.
2. Prepare the rice noodles according to packet instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain. Set aside.
3. Place the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Toast for around 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the seeds and golden brown and fragrant. Remove from the heat and transfer to a small bowl.
4. Place the noodles, spring onions, red cabbage, cucumber, carrots, coriander and the mint leaves in a large serving bowl or plate.
5. Add the sesame dressing and mix well until all the ingredients are combined and well covered with the sesame dressing.
6. Top the salad with roasted peanuts and toasted sesame seeds and serve.