Matcha White Chocolate Cookies
Earthy matcha and creamy white chocolate pair together in these chewy cookies. Be warned, one batch won’t last long.
Recipe adapted from Salu Salo
Plain flour, 250g
Good Mood Matcha powder, 1tbsp
Baking powder, ½ tsp
Salt, ½ tsp
Light brown sugar, 220g
Unsalted butter, 225g, melted
Caster sugar, 100g
Vanilla extract, 1tbsp
Egg, 1 whole, 1 yolk
Only Coco white hot chocolate, 200g, chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, matcha, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the brown sugar, butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until creamy.
5. Combine the flour with the butter mixture and fold through the white chocolate.
6. Spoon 1tbsp batter per cookie onto the baking paper, spacing each ball a couple of cm apart.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes until browned around the edges.
8. Cool for a few minutes on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.