Dark Chocolate and Orange Granola Bars
You only need five ingredients to make these oaty granola bars. Mix quinoa and buckwheat granola with fruit and nuts for a gentle crunch, and finish with a drizzle of pure dark chocolate. We love them at all times of the day - for breakfast, as a mid-afternoon nibble or evening snack.
300 g Husk and Honey Quinoa & Buckwheat Granola
50 g walnuts, chopped
Zest of one small orange
250 g pitted dates or date paste
60g Only Coco Pure Dark Chocolate Bar-64% Peruvian
1. Place the Husk and Honey Quinoa & Buckwheat Granola into a large mixing bowl, together with the walnuts and half of the orange zest. Start adding the date paste in small amounts.
2. Mix slowly, gradually adding more paste until all the ingredients are combined together and the mixture becomes sticky.
3. Line a baking tin (or any other square dish) with a parchment paper and press the mixture into the prepared dish – all the ingredients should be packed tightly.
4. Wrap the dish with the plastic foil and place into freezer for around 2 hours. Remove granola mixture from the fridge and slice.
5. Break the Pure Dark Chocolate Bar into small pieces and place into a metal bowl. Place the bowl over a pan with boiling water, allow the chocolate pieces to melt.
6. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of each bar, top with the remaining orange zest and allow the chocolate to set.
7. Keep in a jar in the fridge for up to 1 month.